Award amount: $3,000.00
Number of awards: One
Scholarships awards are for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Recognition as the 2022 SABAC Endowed Fund Scholar at the SABAC Annual Awards Dinner to be held in the fall of 2022.
Note: The application must be submitted through the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving online scholarship portal – //hfpg.org/scholarships
Questions about the Scholarship may be directed to Cecil J. Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criteria : Preference will be given to students meeting all or most of the following:
- For the 2022-2023 academic year, will be enrolled in the Quinnipiac University School of Law, UConn School of Law, Western New England University School of Law, or Yale Law School as a 2nd, 3rd or 4th year student;
- Of South Asian descent or demonstrate a commitment to serving the South Asian community and/or culture and heritage
- In good academic standing
- Demonstrated financial need
Documents Required to Complete the Application:
- Student Aid Report (SAR) for 2022-2023 academic year (all pages)
- Federal tax return(s) for 2020
- Essays: 1) a brief description of your career goals; 2) a statement describing how you meet the selection criteria, and the qualities and experiences that make you a deserving candidate for this scholarship; and 3) Brief statement of Financial Need (optional)
- Letter of Recommendation
- Law School Transcript
Instructions to access the application
- Go to //hfpg.org/scholarships
- On the home page, select “Graduate School” for the type of school you will attend
- Click on the link to access the Hartford Foundation’s portal
- Create a profile and log onto the portal
- Complete the Scholarship Eligibility Quiz questions for scholarship applications to be uploaded to your dashboard
- Click Apply to start an application